Education Department envisions to produce teachers who can assume the following roles:
1. effective synthesizer of organized knowledge to allow analytical and critical thinking.
2. efficient promoter and facilitator of learning to enable the learners develop to the fullest of their potential for a continuing pursuit of self education and
3. committed humanist whose clear understanding and appreciation of human ideals and values inspire learners to reach greater heights of human inspirations.
To Prepare globally competitive teachers who are imbued with ideals, aspirations, and traditions of Philippine life and are sufficiently equipped with pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Arts and Sciences Department
A. Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
Upon completion of the degree, AB Mass Communication program, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. apply his acquired knowledge and skills in the practice of the his profession in a variety of work environments (including newspaper and magazine offices, radio and television stations) and tasks (such as online publications, public relations and advertising, designing, producing and evaluating informative and educational multimedia output);
2. demonstrate keen observation, systematic analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
3. conduct research aimed at the preservation, appreciation, and transmission of various cultures and cultural heritage rooted in respect for diversity and the interplay of media, communication and society;
4. communicate effectively and professionally in oral, written and symbolic forms, appropriate in various mass communication transactions and contexts; and
5. demonstrate social responsibility and pride in being a Filipino and as a God-centered media practitioner.
B. Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
At the end of the four-year program, AB Political Science, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. apply knowledge of political science, its various sub-disciplines, major themes, and basic analytical techniques in the field of international relations;
2. conduct relevant researches related to politics, political theories and issues, international and regional organizations and governments;
3. communicate effectively and professionally in oral, written and symbolic forms, appropriate in various communication transactions and political contexts;
4. engage in peaceful and relevant political involvement in the work place and in the community; and
5. demonstrate social responsibility and pride in being a Filipino and as a God-centered professional political scientist.
C. Bachelor of Science in Biology
Upon completion of the four-year BS Biology degree, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. apply knowledge and understanding to a critical assessment of theories and views, current practices and problems in selected areas of biological science;
2. conduct relevant scientific research to discover knowledge and improve practice in selected areas of the biological sciences;
3. communicate effectively and professionally in oral, written and symbolic forms appropriate in various communication transactions and contexts;
4. apply critical thinking in problem solving and decision-making in relation to the use of biological science in everyday life; and
5. demonstrate social responsibility and pride of being a Filipino and as a God-centered professional biologist.
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
After completing the four-year BS in Elementary Education program, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. demonstrate organized knowledge and in-depth understanding of education, its historical development, and its relationship to socio-economic, cultural, political, technological and other societal processes;
2. apply effectively skills in curriculum development, lesson planning, instructional materials development, delivery of instruction, and assessment of educational outcomes appropriate to the level of the learners;
3. demonstrate effectiveness in developing the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective competencies of elementary school learners; .
4. conduct research aimed at the appraisal of teaching methodologies and alternative teaching approaches that facilitate the learning of diverse learners in various types of environment;
5. communicate effectively and professionally in oral, written and symbolic forms, appropriate to the education profession, various educational settings, transactions, and teaching-learning contexts;
6. demonstrate social responsibility and pride in being a Filipino and as a God-centered professional teacher; and
7. abide by the Code of Professional Ethics for Teachers to be able to practice professional and ethical teaching standards in response to the demands of the community.