PLT College, Inc. is one of the youngest colleges in the Province of Nueva Vizcaya.
The school started in September 1989 as a computer/technical school and got it’s recognition from Department of Education Skills and Development Authority (DECS). It was registered as PLT College, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and barely got its recognition on January 27, 1992.
Since then, there were several programs offered and one of the flagships of the school is the Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
PLT College, Inc is considered as the first school in Nueva Vizcaya to offer diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management and the degree leading to Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management since 1995.
The College of Hospitality and Tourism Management of PLT College, Inc. has an excellent record in supplying the different agencies with the most competent graduates. For the past years, the department led the academe in pioneering program focused on continuously elevating the quality of school services to world class standard. In its commitment to academic excellence, the College is affiliated with the different hotels, food establishments, travel agencies and other related establishments within the Province of Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela, Baguio City, Metro Manila, in fact it has an international affiliation in eighty five countries after signing the Memorandum of Agreement with POEC Consultancy international Inc. and The International Association for the Exchange of Students for technical Experience (IAESTE).
In line with the developmental goals and mission of the institution, a new HRM-TOURISM building was constructed. This three-story building is located adjacent the Annex Building of the institution was inaugurated on November 10, 2008.
It is the first school in the province equipped with modern laboratories in Baking, Commercial Cooking, Housekeeping, Front Office, Bartending and Food and Beverage. It has the state of art facilities and amenities of the world class center for service excellence of a Hospitality and Tourism College. It is used as training center for students and trainees from Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (TESDA). It also meets the community needs in terms of in-house training for tourism services. The HRM-TOURISM Building though is away from the main building is hooked up with internet and maintaining E-mail services to its faculty, staff and students. It has gained the reputation of being one of the best hospitality and tourism center in the province.
The college is now geared towards accreditation with Philippine Association of Colleges, Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) and helps the school in its pursuit to university-hood status. It aims to strive on competitiveness with global outlook, orientation and training to its students.
College of Hospitality and Tourism Management of PLT College Inc. aim to be the best among the rest.
We dedicate ourselves to develop humane hospitality and tourism graduates who are professionally and skillfully competent, socially responsible, disciplined and God centered individual.
College of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
The dean and the faculty members are accredited assessors and trainers of the different competencies of the Technical Education
A. Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
Upon completion of the four-year Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management program, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. perform effectively and efficiently the basic tourism management functions (such as planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling) in the hospitality industry;
2. perform effectively specific tourism services and processes in any lodging establishment including, among others, front office and reception, meal planning service, resort and spa planning and management, restaurant and bar functions and operations. food and beverage cost control systems, health and safety procedures;
3. communicate effectively both orally and in writing with different players and stakeholders using professionally and culturally-appropriate language in the hospitality industry;
4. effectively and efficiently apply the proper decision tools to critically, analytically, and creatively solve problems and elevate the level of hospitality management services;
5. conduct relevant scientific research to discover knowledge in the field of hospitality management and utilize the results to improve hospitality management education and practice; and
6. demonstrate social responsibility, high personal moral and ethical standards in performing hospitality management services and activities, and pride in being a Filipino and a God-centered professional hotelier.
B. Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
Upon completion of the fourth-year Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management program, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. perform effectively and efficiently the basic tourism management functions (such as planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling and apply specialized processes, techniques and tools in the tourism industry and apply the managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the workplace;
2. perform effectively the different procedures in the operation of the different tourism establishments (hotels, restaurants, clubs) including, among others, institutional catering, and reservation and ticketing using the different Computer Reservation systems, tour guiding;
3. communicate effectively both in speaking and writing with different players and stakeholders using professionally and culturally-appropriate language as well as a foreign language in the tourism industry;
4. effectively and efficiently apply the proper decision tools to critically, analytically, and creatively solve problems and elevate the level of tourism management services;
5. conduct relevant scientific research to discover knowledge in the field of tourism management and utilize the results to raise the level of tourism management education, delivery of tourism services, and tourism development; and
6. demonstrate individual and corporate social responsibility, citizenship, high personal moral-ethical and legal standards in performing tourism services and activities, and pride in being a Filipino and a God-centered tourism professional and practitioner.