PLT College, Inc., Inc. is one of the youngest colleges in Nueva Vizcaya.
The school started in September 1989 as computer and technical school and got its recognition from DECS. Prevalent to its computer courses, it was then in 1991 that the college expand; thus introduced two-year courses and baccalaureate degree programs. It was registered as PLT College, Inc., Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and barely got its recognition on January 27, 1992.
Since then, there were several courses / programs in Information Communication Technology offered such as Management Information System Analysis and Design (MISAD), Associate in Computer Science (ACS), Computer Operation Specialist Course (COSC), and Bachelor in Computer Management (BCM), Bachelor of Science in computer Science (BSCS), Bachelor of Science in computer Science Ladderized program and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT). PLT College, Inc. is the first school nationwide which offered Management Information System Analysis and Design (MISAD. It is then the president and founder who designed the program which became the flagship course of the college.
PLT College, Inc., Inc. is known as the oldest school in Nueva Vizcaya to offer Information Communication Technology courses/programs.PLT College, Inc., Inc. is one among the three best schools in the Province (CDITE RO2, 2008) in supplying the different agencies with the most competent graduates.
The College of Information and Computing Sciences is one of pioneer department of the institution and is guided by the vision PLT COLLEGE, INC., Inc. An Icon in Humane Education, and mission is to develop professionally competent, socially responsible, and God -centered communities. This primer then is developed not only to assist the institution in attaining its vision and mission but also to meet the specific needs of the students under the College of Information & Computing Sciences.
The college is now in its venture towards accreditation to help the school in its pursuit to university-hood status. The college to strive on competitiveness with global outlook, orientation and training to its students. In March 2009, the college was visited by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities: Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) on its consultancy visit and has scheduled its Preliminary visit on the program offerings of the college on September 2010.
The college envisions to become globally competent in Information Communication Technology geared towards the development of professionals in the art of Computing Science and Information Technology.
The college aims to mold a well rounded and world class systems analysts, programmers, designers, web developers, operators, animators, and technicians, projecting humane image equipped with self reliance and are well trained professionals.
A. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
After completing the four-year BS in Computer Science program, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. apply theories and concepts of computing science, particularly on analysis, design and effective programming;
2. show proficiency, accuracy, and precision in developing software, encoding, manipulating and lay-outing of text and graphics, trouble-shooting and repair of defective hardware;
3. apply critical and creative thinking in the conduct of research on computing sciences, critically review, evaluate, interpret and utilize programming languages and tools to solve computer science problems, and present articulate written and oral research reports;
4. demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills with positive attitude towards work with emphasis on quality service; and
5. exemplify social responsibility, high personal moral and ethical standards in performing computing science tasks and services, and pride in being a Filipino and a God-centered computer science professional.
B. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
After completing the four-year BS in Information Technology program, the PLTCI graduate should be able to:
1. apply effectively and efficiently theories and concepts of information and communication technology in the different industries;
2. perform proficiently the information technology tasks like: (a) applying correctly of the principal features of office productivity tools in creating and editing documents, workbooks, slide presentations for variety of purposes and situations, (b) creating and managing a database (including building tables, creating queries, forms, and reports), (c) using multimedia authoring tools, (d) encoding, manipulating, and lay-outing text and graphics, and (e), installing, operating, administering, and maintaining information technology infrastructure;
3. conduct study on software development for different establishments and institutions;
4. demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills with positive attitude towards work, with emphasis on quality service; and
5. exemplify social responsibility, high personal moral and ethical standards in performing computing science tasks and services and pride in being a Filipino and God-centered information technology professional.
Bachelor of Science in information Technology (BSIT)
This course is designed to prepare the student/trainee to become locally and globally competitive with the knowledge, and skills on the utilization of computer and computer software. Hence, a student is developed to plan, install, customize, operate, manage, administer, and maintain information technology infrastructure.
The student will likewise be trained in the general office management necessary for successful employment in offices. Related subjects and learning activities are integral part of the instructional program in developing students’ personality, their civic responsibilities; work skills and attitudes, and communication skills. Students are then guided in their career path. As such, students will be provided with laboratory and ICT related instructions.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS)
This course is designed to prepare the student/trainee to be IT professionals and researchers, and to be locally and globally proficient and competitive in designing and developing computing solutions, It further trains students to know how to analyze problems, develop and prepare appropriate software, and maintain, monitor, review and enhance software.
The student will also be equipped with general office skills necessary for successful employment in most office. Related subjects and learning activities are integral part of the instructional program in developing students’ personality, their civic responsibilities, communication skills work skills and attitudes and they are guided in their career path. As such, students will be provided with laboratory and ICT related instructions.